No one likes surprises when it comes to pricing (including us), so we've made a little list here to makes sure we're all on the same page.
As-Needed Consulting Services
Consulting services help you focus on what you need right away. By using Great Matter’s as-needed consulting services, you are able to get the customer service, experience, and technology to complete any project, small or large. For example, if you ask us to make a change to your site, and it takes between 1 and 6 minutes, your invoice will reflect only 0.1 hours.
Our hourly rate is $250/hour; billed in increments of 0.1 hours (6 minutes at $25.00), rounded up to the next 0.1 hour. Our commitment to getting the job done quickly made us throw away hourly minimums, so when we finish a project quickly the savings are passed onto you.
Service Level Agreements/Retainers/Service Contracts
We offer agreements that, in exchange for a guarantee of hours, we will provide a higher priority of service.
- Minimum 30 hours
- Flexible hours usage: Unlike other companies, we allow you to use your agreement time for anything, including development, fixes, training, and content changes. It's your money, you get to choose how to use it!
If your site requires a paid plugin, or metered service that we can manage, we charge a 20% service fee EXCEPT where we have a partnership agreement with the vendor (see below).
If we are a partner with an outside company, we charge their advertised fees without a Great Matter fee.
- Atlas Spire - White glove service, by invitation only
- Website Domains - Register your domain here for easy management
- Accessibe - Super simple, drop-in Section 508 compliance
- WP Engine - WordPress hosting
- Webflow - Templated websites with some flexibility
- Google Workspace - For email, file storage, calendar, and more, all powered by Google.
- Pantheon - For Drupal or WordPress hosting when you don't want to use Great Matter's powerful platform
- Squarespace - Simple templated websites
- Wix/EditorX - Templated websites with a bit more flexibility
- Shopify - Templated e-commerce
- Adobe Experience Platform - Enterprise websites with the backing of Adobe
We are the best choice for website development, whether it's a unique design or a templated one. By partnering with Great Matter, you are getting the ultimate in capable web design, implementation, portal creation, and above all, customer service. Below are some, but not all, of the ways we service our exceptional clients.
We use consumer grade tools like Squarespace, EditorX, Wix, Webflow, and Shopify for turnkey websites. Pricing varies with every project, and Great Matter always looks for ways to bring the price of your project down. Our price for building a templated website ranges from $2,250 on the low-end to $9,000 on the high-end.
How can we do this so inexpensively? Most of our time is spent in adding your content and tweaking the pre-made designs to fit your specifications. By choosing a templated design we are able to skip a lot of the “building” steps of the website. The tradeoff is that we have little in the way of customization. By choosing this route you'll be able to maximize your marketing budget, legitimize your brand, and begin your online presence quickly. As you want to grow, you'll need to use us to design your next site from the ground up on a flexible content management system.
Unique Designs on a Content Management System
Great Matter specializes in custom built, complex, technologically advanced, and strikingly beautiful websites. We build your custom website on Drupal or Wordpress, and your imagination and budget are the only limit on what we can do. Seriously.
A baseline website has the following features, and starts at $30,000:
- Unique, responsive design, built just for you - includes 1 design direction and 6 minor revisions
- Newsfeed or Blog
- Contact form, including SMTP server setup through Mailgun*
- Drupal 9 or Wordpress Content Management System (CMS)
- Logins for you and your team to access the CMS, including specially built permissions
- Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics GA4 setup
- Basic Page setup**
- Content Import from another site**
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plugin/module setup
- 1 hour of training for your team
- Site speed tuning*
- 2 types of related listings (for example, a list of employees, another list of service lines, and the two linked to each other, or a project gallery)
- WCAG 2.1AA compliance for Section 508/ADA***
- ...and more, depending on your project
That's just the start. Our specialty is integration, and we can include more functionality as you need it.
- E-commerce, add $5,500**
- Accounting system integration, add $4,500**
- CRM Integration (eg, Salesforce), add $9,000**
- Web Portal, add $49,500**
- Additional content listings, add $3,375 each**
- ...and more--we excel at super niche, custom functionality!
Website Infrastructure Management - starting at $500/month*
Take the headache and worry out of managing your website after launch. High traffic sites will cost more, but here is our base hosting plan for custom CMS sites.
- SSL Certificate
- Advanced Hosting Including Cloud Server & Database
- Redis or Memcached Caching Server for super-speedy loading of cached content
- Regular infrastructure tuning for optimal performance
- Load Balancer
- DNS hosting
- Daily backups
- Advanced Content Delivery Network
- Static Asset Caching
- Regular Drupal/WordPress updates
- Drupal/WordPress security updates
- Web application firewall
- 24/7 Site Uptime monitoring
- Premium Fonts from Adobe Typekit**
- FontAwesome Iconset**
- Egress Included**
- SMTP server, including SPF/DKIM/DMARC for SPAM avoidance in site-sent emails
- High Availability (HA) available (price will multiple by the number of datacenters requested)
* If you use Great Matter for Website Infrastructure Management
** Limits may apply
*** At launch; client updates to content may invalidate compliance